[sane-devel] Benq 5550

JKD jkdsoft at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 03:05:57 UTC 2007

El Mon, 20 de Aug de 2007, a las 01:09:58AM +0400, Jury Azovtzev dijo:
> Hi!
>
> I installed Ubuntu 7.04 on to my neighbour's PC and there was Benq 5550. I
> tryed run it as usual snapscan one. I found *.bin on CD and put it to the
> system. Then i fixed firmware path on /etc/sane.d/snapscan.conf and
> uncomment usb scanner line. But it dosn't workpropertly.
>
> When i run XSane the lamp it turning on but i get message "device not
> found".

Your Benq 5550 scanner is controlled by chipset RTS8823L-01E. It's
partially supported by hp3900 backend v0.9 (which originally supports
RTS8822 chipsets) but there are still some problems programming stepper
motor so header doesn't return home after scanning image.

hp3900 binaries and sources:

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/hp3900-series/hp3900-series_0.9.tar.gz

Regards,

 Jonathan Bravo