[sane-devel] Problems with HP 6200C

Mich Linux michlinux at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 3 02:46:57 UTC 2007

I'm having problems getting my scanner working

HP scanjet 6200c
Fedora 8
Kernel: 2.6.23
Sane: 1.0.18
It Currently works 100% in windows.
It worked with Linux/sane in the past (6months or more.. don't use it that often so hard to say)
Sane has no problem detecting the scanner.
Other USB devices working fine.

Outputs:
[root at tbred ~]# sane-find-scanner
~
found USB scanner (vendor=0x03f0 [Hewlett-Packard], product=0x0201 [HP ScanJet 6200C]) at libusb:004:004
~

[root at tbred ~]# scanimage -L
device `hp:libusb:004:004' is a Hewlett-Packard ScanJet 62x0C flatbed scanner

[root at tbred ~]# scanimage -T
scanimage: unable to determine option count (xsane returns the same error)

dmesg:
usb 4-2: reset full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 4
usb 4-2: failed to restore interface 0 altsetting 0 (error=-110)
usb 4-2: USB disconnect, address 4
usb 4-2: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 5
usb 4-2: reset full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 5
usb 4-2: failed to restore interface 0 altsetting 0 (error=-110)
usb 4-2: USB disconnect, address 5
usb 4-2: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 6
(evertime scanimage is used it resets like this)

Things I have tried that didnt change anything:
Using differnt USB ports.
Connecting to a differnt system (running Fedora 8 fresh install)
Disabling USB Autosuspend

would be greatful for any help you guys might give me.. thank you in advance!

Mike C