[sane-devel] [announce] coolscan3 release

Alessandro Zummo azummo-lists at towertech.it
Mon Dec 17 09:31:43 UTC 2007

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 10:29:03 +0100
René Rebe <rene at exactcode.de> wrote:

> Hey Alessandro,
>
> I just spotted the infrared option. I wonder how you output the infra-
> red
> data?

> In the Avision backend I recently added infrared support but so far I
> just output two frames, one with the infra-red channel(s) and the other
> one with the ordinary image data.
>
> What is your backend doing?

 alongside RGB data and this is why you need my program tiffscan
 to read it. that's why the bakend is experimental and not
 suited for mainstream sane. I defined a new frame type,
 SANE_FRAME_RGBX for it.

 I did because the double frame solution was not well suited
 for my workflow. now I can have tiffscan toss tiff images directly
 into vuescan for infrared cleaning.

--

 Best regards,

 Alessandro Zummo,