[sane-devel] [announce] coolscan3 release

Alessandro Zummo azummo-lists at towertech.it
Mon Dec 17 09:49:04 UTC 2007

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 10:46:24 +0100
René Rebe <rene at exactcode.de> wrote:

> > alongside RGB data and this is why you need my program tiffscan
> > to read it. that's why the bakend is experimental and not
> > suited for mainstream sane. I defined a new frame type,
> > SANE_FRAME_RGBX for it.
>
> Ah, ok. We recently added SANE_FRAME_JPEG, and in that
> discussion I proposed GRAYI and RGBI.

 I tried to propose it a year ago but there was
 no consesus about changing current sane vs developing next
 generation sane. given I have no time to fork
 sane i decided to go on my own.

> What is the data format of your scanner? The Avision based ones
> return a infra-red value for each R, G and B sensor, not just one
> value per pixel, so I get: R,RI,G,GI,B,BI. I can imagine other devices
> just return one I sample per pixel.

 I just get RGBI.

> We should take that into account before adding some official
> frame format to the SANE stanard.

 I guess you'll need SANE_FRAME_RIGIBI :-D I can happily implement
 it in tiffscan and store the three extra channels in the tiff file,
 but I doubt any infrared cleaning program currently handles it :)

 You can check if vuescan works on your avision and see how it
 saves the "raw data" file (it's just a tiff).

--

 Best regards,

 Alessandro Zummo,
  Tower Technologies - Torino, Italy