[sane-devel] permission request

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 16:34:56 UTC 2007

On Dec 19, 2007 11:11 AM, Alessandro Zummo <azummo-lists at towertech.it> wrote:

> > >  I don't think so, because that would mean you really have to implement
> > >  SANE2. The purpose of the SANE 1.1 branch is to keep compatibility with 1.0 .
> >
> > agreed- it seems that we have had so much trouble getting started on
> > sane2 because it is so large and may have incompatibilites with sane1,
> > making it hard to test. my idea was to move forward in smaller steps,
> > trying to keep compatibility, so that old backends require no
> > modifications.
>
>  exactly. who can take care to setup the cvs for the 1.1 branch?

how does this sound:

sane 1.0.19- release in Feb, last of the standard 1.0 versions, remove
SANE_FRAME_JPEG.

sane 1.1.0- release in May?, first of the standard 1.1 versions, no
new function calls, only more well-known options and frame types, old
backends need no changes, other than required well-known options.

sane 2.0.0- first of standard 2.0 versions, new function calls, etc.

given the backwards compatibility of standard 1.1, i dont think there
is a need for sane 1.0.20.

allan