[sane-devel] multi function wireless print server

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 22:31:22 UTC 2007

On 12/22/07, plcplo at libero.it <plcplo at libero.it> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a usb epson stylus cx5400 multi function printer.
> I have connected it to a kraun kr.pw multi function wireless print server because i need to have  a network access  to the printer and the scanner.
> I have configured the printer as a network printer and is ok but i can't configure the scanner.
> I hake Kubuntu 7.10.
> Please can help me?

Printing over the network uses one of several protocols which are
supported by most systems, including Linux. Scanning has no such
cross-platform network protocol. Apparently, you missed the part of
their documents where it says that 'scan, fax and read memory card'
works on 'windows 2000 sp4 and windows xp'. Unless you can get kraun
to document the protocol they have used, and write a bit of code on
the linux side to use it, i think it is only good for printing from
Linux.

allan