[sane-devel] Unable to scan because of failures . . .

Julien Michielsen julien at michkloo.xs4all.nl
Sun Dec 23 15:05:38 UTC 2007

Architecture of my machine: Asus A8NE Motherb with Athlon 64 processor.
Distro SuSE 10.3 for i32 processor
Scanner: Epson 2580
xsane 0.994

After starting xsane, and clicking "scan" in the panel my scanner starts
to work, but after scanning almost the whole page it gives a sequence of
error messages:
1- Error during save: broken pipe
		hitting OK, then
2- Error during save: resource temporarily unavailable
		hitting OK, then
3- Error during save: resource temporarily unavailable
		hitting OK, then  (this error mesge comes two times)
4- Failed to execute command: "lpr"

the command lpr does reside on my machine:
whereis lpr
lpr: /usr/bin/lpr /usr/bin/X11/lpr /usr/share/man/man1/lpr.1.gz
but when I execute it from a console:
julien at michkloo:~> lpr
lpr: Error - no default destination available.

What might be the reason for this failure, and why does it want to
execute lpr ?

Thanks
--
Julien Michielsen