[sane-devel] How to define xsane printer

Julien Michielsen julien at michkloo.xs4all.nl
Mon Dec 24 08:21:38 UTC 2007

Would like to define my printer for the xsane copy mode, for being able
to make a fotocopy with my scanner. But I don't know how to define my
printer.
This is what I did.
First sone definitions:
Architecture of my machine: Asus A8NE Mobo with Athlon 64 processor.
Distro SuSE 10.3 for i32 processor
Scanner: Epson 2580
xsane 0.994

Went to Preferences -> Setup -> Copy mode

After switching to Copy mode, one line below the mode definition
(copy/view/save ...) the printer definition appears as "new printer".
But this "new printer" only shows three options: "New Printer Shift +F1"
and two more times for +F2 and +F3. Entering Shift +F1 while scanning
(or before scanning) does not give the option to define the printer. And
I did define the printer of my desktop. But sane does not seem to see it.
How to get this done?
Thanks
--
Julien Michielsen