[sane-devel] Canon MP140 Support

nicols nicolas.martin at freesurf.fr
Mon Dec 24 17:50:58 UTC 2007

cwlitt wrote:

> Can anyone shed some light on SANE support for the Canon PIXMA MP140
> scanner/printer.  I see the MP130 and MP150 are documented in the
> supported devices list but not the MP140.

MP140 is a new model, while MP130 and 150 older.
Maybe the protocol changed significantly between these 2 generations.

If you can take a Win snapshot of what's exchanged on USB, using
SnoopyPro.exe, post it, then could compare with other Pixma protocol.

Be careful when recording with SnoopyPro, to select the device corresponding
to the scanner
(you should see the frame count increment only when the scanner is not
idle).
Otherwise, you will get huge irrelevant data.