[sane-devel] is there a virtual scanner for image files?

Peter Rapčan peter.rapcan at savba.sk
Fri Dec 28 17:55:30 UTC 2007

Hi everybody,

I apologize if a problem similar to mine has been already discussed in
the list before. Nevertheless I need to solve the following. I have
scanned some images and have the result stored as tiff files. What I
need to do now is to "scan" these files again into an application
which features some processing of data from a scanner (the processing
features are available only on scanned data). I of course do not want
to scan the physical images again, instead I want to feed the files I
have into some kind of virtual scanner device which would look as a
real scanner for the application and which would enable to only pass
the images data from the files that I have to the application. Is this
possible?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Peter.