[sane-devel] Wrong detection of Plustek parallel port scanner

Gerald Murray gmurray at cloudnet.com
Sun Feb 4 01:31:46 CET 2007

Quoting Frank Beimfohr <frank.beimfohr at web.de>:

> I've installed sane 1.0.18 on xubuntu 6.10. scanimage -L returns
>
> device `plustek_pp:parport0' is a Plustek 600P/6000P parallel port flatbed
> scanner
>
> Unfortunately, my scanner is a Plustek 12000P. The scan result is just trash.
> I haven't found any possibility to make sane using the correct device. Does
> somebody know a solution?

man sane-plustek

This alledges that the manufacturer made incompatible devices under the same
product number.  Also the backend has default options when the exact
parameters are not supplied in the command.  Be sure to read the manpage,
and in the command set every option, never allowing default.  Post the
command(s)
used if all fails.  The trash returned is really something.  Is it the same size
as
was expected?

best regards,
Gerald