[sane-devel] plustek backend & buttons

Gerhard Jaeger gerhard at gjaeger.de
Sun Feb 4 13:16:07 CET 2007

On Friday 02 February 2007 20:51, Jean-Christophe 'Jice' Cardot wrote:
[SNIPSNAP]
> > What excactly do you need? I don't get the message! I've never had
> > such a device on my desk, so you'll the user to help you to find
> > out how the buttons are connected and in the end how the
> > ASIC is configured to read out the values correctly.
>
> Hi
>
> the device is a Genius ColorPage-HR6 V2 USB flatbet scanner
> from lsusb: ID 0458:2007 KYE Systems Corp. (Mouse Systems) ColorPage-HR6 V2
>
> it's supported by the plustek backend according to one of my users. The
> backend reports buttons, but they don't seem to work with this scanner.
>
> the buttons can work with your backend (for example the Canon N67OU/LIDE20
> seems to work perfectly), but not with this device.
>
> what can I do to find out how the buttons are working, and may be add
> support in your backend?

You might check the function usb_UpdateButtonStatus() in plustek-usbhw.c
This distinguishs between KYE/Plustek and other devices. Maybe this
assumption is wrong!

Use the program ./sanebuttonsd (from the experimental tree of SANE-CVS) and
the SANE_DEBUG_PLUSTEK facility from the backend to check for the correct
values...

If the detection is wrong, we might need to change the Misc I/O settings,
if only the values reported are wrong while pressing the buttons, maybe
only the function mentioned above is wrong...

HTH
Gerhard