[sane-devel] Re: xsane requires deprecated /proc/scsi support

KE6FIS at arrl.net KE6FIS at arrl.net
Tue Feb 6 17:20:13 CET 2007

> My probably irrelevant two cents, completely off on a tangent...
>
> You might want to make sure you arent being bitten by the epson bug in
> sane-backends 1.0.18 that causes exactly the behavior that you
> describe, downgrade to 1.0.17 or upgrade to debian's 1.0.18-5 to
> check.  Also, try "SANE_DEBUG_EPSON=3 scanimage -L" and see if
> anything funky shows up.
>
> On 2/5/07, KE6FIS at arrl.net <KE6FIS at arrl.net> wrote:
> > anywhere. My Epson 2450 scanner used to work fine with xsane via the
> <
> > Observation: the symptom was that sane-find-scanner saw the scanner, but
> > scanimage -L did not. Possible issue -- check the legacy /proc/scsi
> > support in the kernel. (  Now it's in the archives :-)  )

Interesting. My scanner is now working with sane-backends 1.0.18-r2
after I turned the /proc/scsi support on in the kernel. So I'm presuming
my rev of 1.0.18 doesn't have the bug. Or are you saying that scanimage
should support the scanner even without /proc/scsi support but that
1.0.18 has a bug that prevents that from happening? In any case, thanks
for the heads-up about 1.0.18.

--
                               Bob Johnson