[sane-devel] ScanMaker 3600

Richard Werst rbwerst at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 17:15:30 CET 2007

This is my first post to your list.

Has there been any problems reported with the back end for the scanmaker
3600 in Fedora 6?

The front end recognizes the scanner, and sends it a signal but the
device doesn't actually do anything but make a clicking noise (it
appears to be coming from the motor that drives the belt that moves the
scanning mechanism).  It is the same on two machines running FC6, and
the scanner works under XP,

BTW typing "scanimage -L" into a terminal returns the name of the
scanner, and running the front end as root does not make a difference.

I have also removed the SANE program and reinstalled it (from an RPM)
with no effect on the response.

Any help would really be appreciated as I have searched for
troubleshooting tips with out success.

rbwerst at gmail.com