[sane-devel] plustek backend

Graziano Giuliani graziano.giuliani at poste.it
Sun Feb 18 12:42:18 CET 2007

Hi to all,
I am using archlinux and I have met a very strange behaviour using my
Canoscan Lide20 scanner.
The scanner is HW ok, it works under another windows box, and is
correctly detected by scanimage -L. scanimage -T works, and using
command line I am able to scan with no problems.
BUT, when I use whichever graphical frontend (tested xscanimage, xsane,
kooka) I do only get black previews & scans. The lamp stays off, the
motor do not move, only data are correctly received by the frontend.
Also allowing for SANE_DEBUG output nothing strange came out from the
log.
Permissions are OK (scanimage works for normal user of the scanner
group), lock directory exist and is writeble by scanner group, I did not
touch anything on the plustek config file of sane.
I have seen some already reported problems by debian users using the
LIDE25 scanner, but no answer on the list.
Does anyone have an hint on what is happening here? Why graphical FE
cannot access the scanner? In the meantime I am resorting to
commandline, but it is not so easy to remember all needed options to
perform the scan, and the other users are simply scared of it.

Thanks,
           Graziano.