[sane-devel] Scanning Problems w/epkowa and fc6

Agedi Boto aboto1 at jhmi.edu
Mon Feb 26 06:50:07 CET 2007

Hi I just switched to linux fc6 i386 from windows and am trying to
configure my epson cx 7800 scanner using the epkowa driver (it worked
fine in windows). I first installed the SANE packages (libsane-hpaio,
sane-backends, sane-backends-devel, sane-backends-libs, sane-frontends,
xsane). Then installed iscan. Then, I changed my epkowa.conf file to say
usb 0x04b8 0x081f right after usb to force it to recognize my scanner.
Then, I made sure my dll.conf file had epkowa uncommented.
When I run sane-find-scanner, it finds my scanner fine and identifies it
with its right vendor and product names.

Problem: When I run scanimage-L it is unable to find my scanner. Am I
missing something simple or is this a common error as a result of the
software being preliminary?
Thanks,
Agedi Boto