[sane-devel] Scanning Problems w/epkowa and fc6

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp
Tue Feb 27 00:26:22 CET 2007

Agedi Boto <aboto1 at jhmi.edu> writes:

> Hi I just switched to linux fc6 i386 from windows and am trying to
> configure my epson cx 7800 scanner using the epkowa driver (it worked
> fine in windows).

I assume you're referring to the device, not the driver ;-)

> I first installed the SANE packages (libsane-hpaio,
> sane-backends, sane-backends-devel, sane-backends-libs, sane-frontends,
> xsane). Then installed iscan. Then, I changed my epkowa.conf file to say
> usb 0x04b8 0x081f right after usb to force it to recognize my scanner.
> Then, I made sure my dll.conf file had epkowa uncommented.

Changing conf files should not be necessary if you installed from RPM.

> When I run sane-find-scanner, it finds my scanner fine and identifies it
> with its right vendor and product names.
>
> Problem: When I run scanimage-L it is unable to find my scanner. Am I
> missing something simple or is this a common error as a result of the
> software being preliminary?

Have you looked at:

  http://avasys.jp/hp/page000000600/hpg000000578.htm

Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen                          EPSON AVASYS Corporation, SE1
FSF Associate Member #1962           sign up at http://member.fsf.org/