[sane-devel] udev updates /dev/..., sane accesses /proc/...

Felix E. Klee felix.klee at inka.de
Thu Jan 4 00:12:49 CET 2007

At Wed, 3 Jan 2007 21:39:05 +0100,
Klaus Dahlke wrote:
> I created some udev-rules for certain devices on my own, mainly for
> two reasons: defining a decent mount point for /etc/fstab and setting
> the appropriate permissions (like 660).

Thanks for the reply!  Certainly, creating a device node or symlink with
a fixed name is a possibility ...

> I would create a similar rule like
> BUS=="usb"; SYSFS{model}=="your model goes here", NAME="scanner", GROUP"scanner"
> and make sure you belong to group scanner

I could simply copy the entry for my scanner from libsane.rules and add
a NAME or SYMLINK key.  In addition, I'd have to edit
"/usr/local/etc/sane.d/snapscan.conf".  That's not according to the
(misleading, incorrect?) instructions in README.linux, but it should do
the trick, unfortunately only for this one scanner.

--
Felix E. Klee