[sane-devel] Frontend for film scanners

John jante_nord at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jan 13 09:59:45 CET 2007

I have a Minolta dimage III positive film scanner, which can take 4 positive frames at once.

I have not been able to find any good software to use with this scanner. Does anyone have a good hint?

Preferably I would like to have a piece of software that lets me preview all 4 frames and on a buttonpress scans the four pictures, make some digital processing to improve the quality and saves them to a directory I have choosen and ejects the frameholder and waits for me to repeat the procedure.

Would this be hard to do with sane, given that the frameholder must be positioned for individual scans, or is it perpaps just treated as x and y coordinates just as in a flatbed scanner case?