[sane-devel] Re: Epson V350 PHOTO ?

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp
Mon Jan 15 00:56:42 CET 2007

"piotr_n" <piotr_n at o2.pl> writes:

> Hi,

> I,ve read notes about troubles with an Epson V100 "working" with
> linux. To sum up it seems not working with this system perfectly. As
> a potential buyer of Epson V350 I'd like to ask if this model has or
> hasn't problem with linux. My question is about full support this
> scanner by sane system (or other) as a model with different chip
> (GT-F700) in contrast to V100 (GT-F650)

AFAIK, the V350 as well as the V100 are only supported via iscan's
epkowa backend.  Both require a binary-only non-free plugin that is
only available for i386 machines.  If you can live with that, the V350
works under linux.

# The GT-F700 and GT-F650 are the model names for the Japanese market.
# They do not refer to the chipset.

Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen                          EPSON AVASYS Corporation, SE1
FSF Associate Member #1962           sign up at http://member.fsf.org/