[sane-devel] scanimage: sane_read: Error during device I/O

Erik Wickstrom erik at erikwickstrom.com
Sun Jan 21 17:47:12 CET 2007

Hi all,

I've been trying to get my scanner working, but no luck so far.

Whenever I try to scan in sane/xsane I get this "error during device i/o"
message.

I'm running Ubuntu Edgy (6.10) and my scanner is an HP LaserJet 3330 MFP.

scanimage prints a bunch of binary data to standard output while the scanner
is scanning.  Then it prints this message.

Ubuntu/xsane auto-detect my scanner.  I've also tried installing HPLIB.

I have no idea what to try next.

Thanks for your help!
Erik