[sane-devel] Kyocera Scan System F and

Pavel Pisa pisa at cmp.felk.cvut.cz
Fri Jan 19 23:14:41 CET 2007

Hello Linux scanner support developers,

we have purchased Kyocera KM-1650 multifunction copier
machine. It has great support for Linux printing,
but unfortunately there seems to be only proprietary
protocol for transfer scanned images to the Linux PC.
(There is e-mail as well, but I would prefer FTP like service)

I have found, that NsCatCom.exe from File Utilities runs
under Wine, but even that solution is not nice.

There is my attempt to write small Linux daemon
capable to receive scanned images

  http://cmp.felk.cvut.cz/~pisa/linux/kyoscand-0.0.3.tar.gz

This is proof of the concept and due to lack
of information from Kyocera, the communication
is only rough simulation of original utility based
on captured data. But it seems to work in our setup.

I know, that SANE is not the right target for this project,
but I do not know, where to ask for help and offer my code.
Excuse me for offtopic post. But I have not found
any Scan System F for Linux related discussion
except some old thread on SANE list.
I would be very pleased, if my work would be usesfull
for others and if more information, more complete support
and enhancements can be reached by uniting forces.

Best wishes

                Pavel Pisa
        e-mail: pisa at cmp.felk.cvut.cz
        www:    http://cmp.felk.cvut.cz/~pisa