[sane-devel] CVS Won't make.

Alessandro Zummo azummo-lists at towertech.it
Mon Jan 22 02:05:55 CET 2007

On Sat, 20 Jan 2007 12:37:25 +0100
Bertrik
> I've had the same problems too.
>
> Isn't it somehow fundamentally wrong to require kernel headers for sane?
> Sane is a user-space package not kernel-space.
>
> I remember seeing the compilation problem only with the epson backend,
> but surely other backends must handle byte-order issues. Can't we just
> fix the epson backend instead of requiring kernel headers for everyone?

 That header happens to have the same name of a kernel header,
 but it is not a kernel header at all.

 It's purpose is to provide portable definitions for endiannes conversion.
 theorically, we should fix all the backends to use that header.

--

 Best regards,

 Alessandro Zummo,
  Tower Technologies - Torino, Italy