[sane-devel] sane_read: Invalid argument on Epson Perfection 1640SU

Henrik Lundberg henrik at chamalulu.com
Mon Jan 22 06:54:55 CET 2007

> Unfortunately, I don't.  However, the fact that the backend gets a
> fatal error immediately after it has re-initialised the device might
> indicate there is something wrong with the device.  Maybe the lock is
> on?  Does it work on that other OS (assuming you have access so you
> can check)?
>
> Hope this helps,

It certainly did! This problem may very well be the simplest I've come
across during my adventures in old hardware. As you suggested. The
transport lock was on. That was embarrasing... ;-)

Well I'm happy now and I'm going to take this scanner through its loops
this afternoon, thank you very much!

As for the other OS, well, I use it at work but not at home... Maybe the
Windows driver would have suggested checking the lock, but, thats what a
community is for, right.

Have a nice day,
/Henrik