[sane-devel] CanoScan LIDE20 and ideal scan output quality

Labrador labrad0r at edpnet.be
Thu Jan 25 13:31:05 CET 2007

Hi all,

I'm new to this ML. My wife and I are both using SANE under Debian
Sarge.

I just have a question to CanoScan Lide 20 users:
how far can you force under  --mode Gray  the resolution, so that the
output quality should be 100% ?
is a  --resolution 400  okay, or a danger for the Lide 20, since I heard
you can damage it in --mode Color ?

My current command is:
scanimage -l 0 -t 0 -x 215 -y 297 --mode Gray --format tiff --resolution 275 >/tmp/tmp.tiff && /usr/bin/convert /tmp/tmp.tiff out.jpg <ENTER>

Thanx 4 any precision.

L at br@d0r