[sane-devel] transaltions of sane-backend texts

Mattias Ellert mattias.ellert at tsl.uu.se
Tue Jan 30 11:35:40 CET 2007

mån 2007-01-29 klockan 23:14 +0100 skrev Oliver Rauch:
> Hello.
>
> I just saw that there are several (820)  lines in the translation tables of
> sane-backends.*.po in the po directory of sane-backends are marked "fuzzy".
>
> Please note that a translation that is marked "fuzzy" is not used. When anyone
> changes any texts in the po files please remove the "fuzzy" marker for the
> entry you changed or the change you made will not get active.
>
> Best regards
> Oliver

When recreating the *.po files after new translation keys have been
added to the sources, new keys that "kind of" matches an already
existing key automatically gets a copy of the translation of the
existing key as a proposed translation for the new key. This proposed
translation is marked fuzzy and won't be used, but is intended as an aid
to the translator. When the fuzzy translation is fixed by the translator
the fuzzy mark should be removed.

At the moment there are many fuzzy translations in the *.po files
because the sources of more backends have been marked up for
localisation, and some of the new keys are "near matches" to some old
ones. But the one person (i.e. me) who recreated the *.po files can't
possibly be an expert in all the languages, someone familiar with each
language must look over the fuzzy translations. Just blindly removing
the fuzzy marks for the new keys is not a good idea.

        Mattias