[sane-devel] Epson Perfection 3490: now always warming up with each individual scan

Bauke Jan Douma bjdouma at xs4all.nl
Tue Jan 30 18:20:53 CET 2007

Bauke Jan Douma wrote on 28-01-07 16:19:
> I noticed now that the carriage isn't returned properly,
> stops about 1/3 in the return.  It's being returned
> properly first when a next scan happens. What gives?

... but then after that next scan the same thing happens.
This is with sane-backends-1.0.1[678].

I tried to 'reset' the scanner by pulling the plug at the
moment when the carriage reaches its initial position after
a scan command has been given, before the actual scan is
carried out, but after the scan is completed it again stops
at about 1/3 on the home stretch.

The scanner worked without a hitch before with at least
sane-backends-1.0.16.

Any advice, or anyone experience with this?

bjd