[sane-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Native Wine32 SANE available for testing

Jeff Kowalczyk jtk at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 4 16:03:46 UTC 2007

Ilia Sotnikov wrote:
> The whole picture isn't so bright - as for now, this native Win32
> version is limited only to dll, net backends and scanimage binary.

Even so, this is a valuable capability when mature. I'm imagining the
departmental linux-connected scanner which returns image data to the Win32
desktop. Scripting that with python via subprocess, there's a possibility
to normalize and automate user scanning tasks, something that's elusive
with TWAIN GUIs.

I don't know of any other general-purpose command line (e.g. GUI headless)
scan initiation tools for device-independent TWAIN. Thanks again for the
efforts.