[sane-devel] ScanImage works, but no other program does

David Goodenough david.goodenough at linkchoose.co.uk
Mon Jul 16 08:32:30 UTC 2007

I am a new sane user (Debian sid, Plustek chip Cannon LiED25 scanner).

After installing sane, scanimage works a treat.  I can specify the
size and resolution, and the colour depth etc, and it works.

BUT, any of the other programs I try, xsaneimage, xsane, Kooka,
OpenOffice.org, it does not complain, but all I get is a black block.

All the programs recognise the scanner, but the motor never starts either
for preview or the full scan.

Obviously I have done something silly, anyone got any ideas where to
start looking.

David