[sane-devel] Scanner with multiple usb bulk endpoints

Miguel miguelrvs at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 22:52:09 UTC 2007

Hello,
Currently I'm trying to modify the avision backend to support the
kodak i1320 (duplex) using the sane-backends 1.0.18
but I have a problem, the i1320 uses 2 usb bulk-in endpoints. I´ve
modified sanei_usb.c to include an endpoint array (both in and out),
but i don´t know if it´s correct place to do that.
It appears that one endpoint outputs the front scanning unit, and the
other outputs the backone.
I've already made the scanner output an scanned sheet using the log
from usbsnoop from a windows machine, and have identified  and
isolated the transactions that cold and hot inicialize the scanner,
and the section that makes it to scan.
Also I would apreciate some help from anyone who knows about the image
format this scanner outputs, it seems a raw image, and how to convert
it to a usable format (desirably tiff). It outputs the same 20MB of
data (each side), regardless of the control panel settings (group 4 vs
raw).

Thanks

--
Miguel Ruiz Velasco