[sane-devel] Canon LiDE 50, not moving

Andreas Schallenberg Andreas.Schallenberg at eurobild.com
Tue Jul 24 13:49:09 UTC 2007

Hello everybody!

I just bought a Canon LiDE 50 USB scanner. It should be supported
by the genesys backend. When I try to get a scan (or preview),
the slider starts to move a little bit, a green light is emitted but
then it remains in the start area. The real scan is not startet.
While this, a screaming noise is heard.  A real slider movement by some
centimeters happens in rare occasions. Usually it stays where it is.

The system is a OpenSUSE 10.2, the "sane" package version
is 1.0.18-34. The scanner works ok using Windows.

Has anybody an idea for this?
Andreas