[sane-devel] Avision scanimage & image quality

René Rebe rene at exactcode.de
Wed Jul 25 08:37:34 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 25 July 2007 01:27:04 Richard Reina wrote:
> I am not able to use lineart.  I although the scanimage --help --device lists it as a valid mode for my scanner.  I tried it as LineArt, lineart, Lineart, Line Art.  All to no avail.  What is a threshold option?  What I am trying to do is make the print (which is often light ) on the document, darker without having to walk over to the photocopy machine and copy it first.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It's "Lineart" in the (recent) Avision driver as it is for hopefully most other
SANE backends. Lineart is suppost to work.

You can also just alter the --contrast and --brightness or set an
gamma value.

Or you just throw the gray image thru ExactImage optimize2bw :-)

> Thanks,
>
> Richard

  Geschäftsführer: Susanne Klaus, René Rebe
  Sitz: Berlin, Amtsgericht Charlottenburg HRB 105 123 B
  USt-IdNr.: DE251602478