[sane-devel] HP 2400, GL646 and genesys

Stéphane VOLTZ stef.dev at free.fr
Fri Jun 1 04:47:40 UTC 2007

Le lundi 28 mai 2007, Shug Boabby a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> My scanner is not supported, but the support page
>
>    http://www.sane-project.org/cgi-bin/driver.pl?manu=Hewlett
> +Packard&model=2400
>
> says "GL646 based, to be added to genesys backend".
>
> If I understand correctly, this support has been added to the latest
> genesys backend.
>
>    http://www.sane-project.org/man/sane-genesys.5.html
>
> Is there a way of telling sane to use the genesys backend for this
> scanner? Or if anyone else has any comments on this scanner, please
> let me know.
>
> Thanks and kind regards,
> Shug

	Hello,

	the HP2400 isn't supported. The man page doesn't tell so (but HP2300 is
supported). Adding support for it wouldn't be difficult for me, but I'd need
to have one to test on.
	There were also a few people that expressed interest in doing it themselves.
I gave them the scripts I use and some information on how to do it, but
nothing came up yet.

Regards,
	Stef