[sane-devel] Additional frame types in Sane 1

René Rebe rene at exactcode.de
Sat Jun 2 19:07:17 UTC 2007

Hi,

On 02.06.2007, at 20:59, Étienne Bersac wrote:

> So what is the conclusion of the thread ?

don't now. Response stopped.

For me it means I'll have a private patch, probably inside the T2 SDE:

   http://www.t2-project.org/

I can not and will not spend 4 years of recoding SANE just for 2 new
(missing) frame types.

We need to get free software stable, solid and feature complete - not
ever changing.

I do not see any reason to drastically redo SANE just some people
want too, and neither the free coding slaves to do that. There are not
many reasons why the current SANE standard should be abondone.

As far as I can see gradually enhancing it is way more doable and
reasonable and also matches the available developer resources.

Just my thoughs,

   René Rebe