[sane-devel] Fnctl Functions

Hugh McMaster dasjournal at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 08:31:44 UTC 2007

Hi Ilia,

On 13/06/07, Ilia Sotnikov wrote:
> As far as I know Win32 API doesn't have such definitions due to its
> difference from Unix. Thus it's impossible to have them defined (and
> the functionality they control implemented) using MinGW header files.
>
> I had done limited porting of SANE under native Win32. How should I
> submit my work for review - the patch alone, CVS branch etc?

That is true. The Win32 API does not include such definitions, but it
is possible to 'borrow' the definitions from Linux sources.  This
appears to work in many cases - with the exception of Win32 socket
definitions.  Winsock must be used in this case.

Anyway, as for your porting of SANE, how far did you get with this?
As in, what binaries did you compile, and what backends were supported
by such porting?

Hugh