[sane-devel] Artifacts in images from Scanjet 6200C

TheOldFellow theoldfellow at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 11:08:13 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to scan some 35mm slides using an HP Scanjet 6200C using
Sane under Ubuntu 7.04 via USB.
I generally have no problems using this combination of hardware and
software.  Ineed the images of photos, or documents are sharp and clear.
Very many thanks to the Sane Developers.

However, I'm getting strange squiggly black lines all over the scanned
images of slides - all slides.  The slides, which are clean, and
don't display this fault when projected, are mounted Fujichrome, about 6
years old, and I'm using the supplied slide adaptor for the old ScanJet.

An example scan is here:

	http://www.langside.f2s.com/9774.png

Can anyone suggest what the problem is, and what the solution might
be?

Thanks,
TOF.