[sane-devel] FI-5750C Error 4?

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 13:47:19 UTC 2007

On 6/26/07, Simon Glass <sglass at bluewatersys.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Now that I am able to build SANE (thanks Alan, but no I have no idea
> about libtool) I have the FI-5750C working. It's a wonder to behold.
> However, I am puzzled by an error that I get. It seems that if I try to
> scan a page larger than the setting I have for the ADF size then I get
> an error 4 (Unknown Error).
>
> Further to that, if I try to scan A3 (even with the right ADF setting) I
> get error 4. Maybe it is something slightly wrong with the paper size.
>
> Any ideas on this one?

error 4 is SANE_STATUS_INVAL, indicating that the scanner was unhappy
with your choice of options. try setting the pagewidth and height
before the x and y values, in case order of operations is important.
show us the exact command line you are using.

> Another point is that the scanner seems to pause after some pages. Not
> every time, it might scan 6 pages and then pause for a second. But it is
> quite noticeable. I wonder if that is SANE or Fujitsu...

do you have the buffermode option? try turning that on. does the
windows driver behave this way?

also- can you verify that color scans look correct, and can you tell
the usb productID for this machine?

thanks-

allan