[sane-devel] LSB DDK: Support for scanner drivers/SANE into LSB 3.2?

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 17:22:24 UTC 2007

Till Kamppeter wrote:
>> Does the lsb project expect some testing code to be written?
>> What tests would be needed, or expected, if any?
>
> What we need is two interfaces of SANE, once the frontend/library
> interface, so that one can have scanning functionality in LSB-packaged
> applications, and second, the library/backend interface to allow
> distribution-independent LSB-based scanner driver packages.

Am I right that these two interfaces are the same and that what I call
"library", being the file /usr/lib/libsane.so.1 is a copy (why not a
symlink?) of the dll backend (/usr/lib/sane/libsane-dll.so.1)? Then we
would have only one interface to test, but we need to test both sides of
it. We need to test whether a library with that interfaces is there for
being linked by (LSB-built) frontends and we need to test whether there
is a dll backend with the appropriate backend interface which will find
an added (LSB-built) driver.

    Till