[sane-devel] parallel make fix causes problems- was: CVS snapshots | md5_buffer undefined errors in auth_callback function

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 01:46:25 UTC 2007

On 6/27/07, patrick blanchard <dspcypher at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know this has been a problem w/ the CVS. let me know what I can do to
> help...

i have traced this down to a change by isotnikov-guest (cc'd) on jun
12 to use libtool instead of ar and ranlib in lib/ and sanei/. it
seems that our included version of libtool does not work properly in
link mode, and fails to pass the object names to ar. this wont bite
you if you are working in an old checkout, but after a make clean, or
with a new checkout, you'll have problems.

i am not a libtool expert, but i did try using my system copy (1.5.16)
and it worked fine with the same command line.

ideas?

allan