[sane-devel] How can I get information about new scanner on my usb port

Michael Ott michael at king-coder.de
Thu Mar 1 16:44:02 CET 2007

Hi!

I want to write an application where you can change the scanner during
the application is running.

Example:
I start the app with no scanner on an usb port. It shows me, no scanner
available. Then I put a scanner on a usb port and want to run a scan.
But neither sane_get_device nor doing sane_exit and sane_init again
show me that i have a new scanner. Only the restart of the app show me
the scanner.

Does anybody know how I can manage that?

CU

  Michael

--
    ,''`.   Michael Ott, e-mail: michael at zolnott dot de
   : :' :   Debian SID on Thinkpad T43: