[sane-devel] Lexmark x1190 does the funky chicken

Stéphane VOLTZ stef.dev at free.fr
Mon Mar 5 07:18:59 CET 2007

Le dimanche 4 mars 2007, Bryn Nobbs a écrit :
> Hi all, im having a problem with my Lexmark all-in-one X1190, I am under
> the impression the scanner is supported by the Lexmark backend but when I
> try to scan anything firstly the scanner makes a lot of noise for around 30
> seconds, then it seems to find home and scan.  The problem is that once it
> has scanned I just get a lot of coloured stripes as the output? It looks as
> though the scanner is working, but the backend isn't understanding what the
> scanner is sending to it.Also if I run scanimage -T the scanner doesn't
> seen to do anything and the program just hangs, if I press ctrl-c to quit
> it responds with trying to stop scanner and then just hangs again, a second
> ctrl-c is required to exit, then a reboot to get any functionality from the
> scanner again.  Not sure if it helps but the printer works perfectly, in
> fact its better than it was under windows. I have included the output of
> scanimage -V if it helps, but I'm at a loss! # scanimage -V
>   scanimage (sane-backends) 1.0.18; backend version 1.0.18
>    also, not sure if this helps either, but im running Debian Unstable and
> have installed sane-utils and sanelibs-dev from the Unstable repository.
> The machine is a 266Mhz ARM based NSLU2
>
> as advised by a user a long time ago, i have installed ubuntu 6.10 on my
> i386 based pc and i have the exact same results. i am willing to send any
> log files or additional information you may need. also im not a programmer
> but i know my way around linux ok (please note ok) so i am willing to help
> in any way possible. im also competent with a screwdriver so if you need
> any extra hardware info i can supply this too. cheers for an help anyone
> can give me! bryn

	Hello,

	the current lexmakr backend only supports the early X110 series model. I
allready found that while having the same USB ID, the X1185 has a diffrent
sensor, so current backend won't work.

	I'm currently modifying the lexmark backend to add support for X1185 and
X1200, and also getting current X1100 color calibration right. You may try a
snapshot of these current developpements. You can get pre-configured sources
at http://stef.dev.free.fr/sane/lexmark .
	I expect this version to detect your scanner as a X1185, and be able to do a
preview (only 75 dpi scans could be working), but with colours slightly wrong
since colour calibration hasn't been tuned yet.

regards,
	Stef