[sane-devel] XSane's PDF output disliked by macosx's Preview

Stefan Monnier monnier at iro.umontreal.ca
Tue Mar 6 19:19:20 CET 2007

I'm using XSane from the Debian testing distribution and am generally pretty
satisfied with it.  The only problem I have is that the PDF output I get
from it (I mostly/only do multipage scans (greyscale 150dpi) of chapters of
books) does not display correctly when passed to macosx's Preview (the first
few pages display part of the image, and then the rest is all blank).

Luckily I can fix it by passing the pdf through pdf2ps and then through
ps2pdf, which also has the nice side-effect of giving me a slightly
smaller file.

Any idea what the problem might be?  I'm using those tools with their
default settings, mostly.

        Stefan