[sane-devel] Fujitsu M3093DG & new driver

Steve Brown sbrown at cortland.com
Wed Mar 7 19:54:09 CET 2007

m. allan noah wrote:
> On 3/7/07, Steve Brown <sbrown at cortland.com> wrote:
>> Anybody using this combination?
>
> the driver was tested with a 3096, which uses basically the same
> protocol as the 3093, but few of these things are still in use.
>
>> I just upgraded from 1.0.15 and now get a window error from the scanner.
>> Reverting to the old driver at pfeiffer.edu works.
>>

> first- which version of the driver did you try- sane 1.0.18, or the
> more recent cvs versions?
> second- can you try the cvs version?
> third- what frontend program did you use?
> fourth- what scanning parameters did you use?
> fifth- can you get a debug log when the error occurs?
>> Also, where can I find the scsi protocol for the scanner?
>
> docs for these old models used to be available from fujitsu's european
> website. not sure if they still are.
>
> allan

I used the cvs driver.
The scanning parms were the defaults.

export SANE_DEBUG_FUJITSU=128
scanimage -d fujitsu:/dev/sg0 >image
scanimage: sane_read: Invalid argument
The debug log is attached

I then replaced the cvs fujitsu driver with the one from pfeiffer.edu
(fujitsu-1_0_20.tgz), everything is cvs and got:

$scanimage -v -v -v -v -d fujitsu:/dev/sg0  > image.pnm
scanimage: rounded value of br-x from 215.9 to 215.893
scanimage: rounded value of br-y from 297 to 296.994
scanimage: scanning image of size 2549x3507 pixels at 8 bits/pixel
scanimage: acquiring gray frame
scanimage: min/max graylevel value = 25/255
scanimage: read 8939343 bytes in total
Closing device
Calling sane_exit
scanimage: finished

As the new driver appears completely restructured, the debug output of
it doesn't really compare to that from the new driver. If that is
useful, I can post it too.

Steve