[sane-devel] Buying a cheap (Epson?) USB 2.0 scanner for A4/Film

Jean-Michel Pouré jm at poure.com
Mon Mar 12 11:44:15 CET 2007

Dear Friends,

I have been using an AGFA Snapscan 600 scsi scanner for now four years,
without any problem in Sane. It worked perfectly, and I would like to
thank you for working on SANE.

Now, I would like to scan some old family photos (source=print, films).
I need USB 2.0 support because I have a bunch of photos. A film loader
would be a plus, but is not required.

What modern (cheap) scanner do you recommand for Sane? I was thinking of
the Epson perfection series. Which Epson products would you recommand,
as I may buy on eBay? I am looking for a cheap solution.

Kind regards,
Jean-Michel