[sane-devel] Epson Perfection V700

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp
Thu Mar 15 01:49:18 CET 2007

"Luca Clemente" <luca.clem at zerobase.it> writes:

> The problem that I have is that with the transparency adapter
> selected the area available for the scanning process is limited
> respect to the flatbed selection: about 6 cm. are lost half on the
> right and half on the left side, giving available only the central
> part of the scanner.

The Perfection V700 supports a 5.9x9.7 inch TPU area as well as a 8x10
inch TPU area.  Unfortunately, the second area is supported by neither
epson nor epkowa backends.
I don't have the info for the Perfection 4990 handy.

> With the Epson 1680 Pro the whole are was available for the flatbed
> as well as for the transaprency adapter.
>
> Has anyone some solution to this problem or is it just a slip in the
> Epson frontend that could be solved?

Epson frontend?  You mean Image Scan! for Linux?

Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen                          EPSON AVASYS Corporation, SE1
FSF Associate Member #1962           sign up at http://member.fsf.org/