[sane-devel] Canon N676U USB Scanner

Gerhard Jaeger gerhard at gjaeger.de
Wed Mar 21 08:04:27 CET 2007

On Mittwoch, 21. März 2007, Tomoo Nomura wrote:
> Antonio Olinto wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a Canon N676U USB Scanner and its status is "complete" at
> > http://www.sane-project.org/lists/sane-mfgs-cvs.html#Z-CANON
> >
> > When I had an Athlon XP 1700+ computer (USB 1.0) running Ubuntu 6.06 I
> > was able to use my scanner without problems. After an up-grade, now
> > I'm using a Pentium D 2.8 (USB 2.0) and Linux Ubuntu 6.10, it didn't
> > work any more. Xsane can recognize the scanner but when I ask a
> > pre-view the scanner began to make a lot of noise and I have to
> > disconnect it. Under Windows it stills running ok.
> >
> > Is there something I can do configure the driver?
> >
> > Thanks in advance!
> >
> > Antonio
> >

> I have experienced exact the same problem.
> See below.

Ah - very helpful informations.

Again, the stuff runs fine here on my various SuSE installations
(up to 2.6.18 kernel/SuSE10.2), but it seems,
that other distros have problems - don't currently know where to dig.
I could see this on a recent Knoppix, saw it on Sidux...
Some users statet, that they completely removed and reinstalled SANE
to make it work again, but I'm pretty sure, that SANE is NOT the
problem. AND also other backends seem to be affected.

- Gerhard