[sane-devel] SANE-Xsane and USB film scanner Canon 2700F

Sergio Dal Tio sergiodaltio at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 22 23:32:58 CET 2007

Hi to all and everybody.

I run ubuntu 6.06 LTS on a Pentium4 2.4GHz machine equipped with:

(1) Printer Canon PIXMA iP 4200,
(2) Multifunction A4 USB printer/scanner Canon PIXMA MP170,
(3) A4 USB scanner EPSON 3590,
(4) 35mm SCSI film scanner Canon 2700F.

The SANE-XSane versions coming with by my disto are 1.0.17-0.97.

All my gear works fine, just when I launch XSane the film scanner isn't
recognized unless I exit and restart it.
I don't think it's a problem of XSane, because the same happens with
xscanimage, and with comm'l package VueScan too.

I admit it's a little problem since all it takes for getting fixed is a
few seconds, but nevetheless I should like to understand why this
happens.
Does anybody out there have useful ideas / info about this matter?

Sergio.