[sane-devel] gl843 & genesys backend

J. Ignacio Gijón ngijon at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 20:51:10 CET 2007

 Hello,

 I bought an HP g4050 scanner a couple of weeks ago, and I've been looking
 for a couple of days to add support for it in the genesys backend. I have basic
 communication with the scanner  now but there are a lot of things I
don't understand
 yet.

 This scanner use a gl843, so, has somebody added support for this chip in the
 genesys backend? It looks like a lot of work to do. I've some logs taken with
 usbsnoop and although the gl843 is very similar to the gl841 it have also a
 lot of differences, motor tables are loaded in a different way, more
registers ...

 I don't think I've time to add support for this chip from scratch,
but if someone
 have done something I can try to complete.

 cheers
 nacho