[sane-devel] gl843 & genesys backend

J. Ignacio Gijón ngijon at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 20:08:03 CET 2007

  Sorry if you receive this message twice, I sent a similar one
yesterday but it looks
like it is lost.

  My question es about the HP G4050 scanner that uses a gl843 chip. I have had
one of this for a couple of weeks now, and have been playing a bit with the
genesys backend and some captures with an usb sniffer.

  The chips I've been able to identify in this scanner are:
Usb chip: gl843
Motor: allegro a3967 slbt
AFE: wolfson   WM8196 scds
Memory: atmel 628 93c46

  I've done some changes to the gl841 part of the genesys backen to initialize
the extra registers of the gl843, change the way the motor tables are loaded
(different to the gl841) and all the things I've found that need to be changed
in some hours reading the genesys code.

  Right now I have basic communication with the scanner, but the motor moves
very slow, I've read several messages in the archives of the list
about the configuration of the structures of the genesys backend and I
think that the configuration is more or less ok. And I'm not able to
get a image although
I don't see errors in the logs (SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_GL841=255)

  Probably the motor and the gpio parts are wrong.

  So my question is, have somebody done something to support the gl843? I've
read somethings in the archives about some canon scanners using this chip, but
have found nothing to look.

  Thanks for your time
  nacho