[sane-devel] Firmware for Epson Stylus CX-1500?

Oliver Schwartz Oliver.Schwartz at gmx.de
Tue May 1 21:52:43 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Monday 30 April 2007 16:57, LÊ Hồng Bội wrote:
> Hi everybody,
> I'm using an Epson Stylus CX-1500. I can scan image from it with
> snapscan backend. However, the image is green, no red, no blue. It
> seems that I need to specify a firmware to upload to the scanner. I
> look in Windows installation and there are many .bin files
> installed. They are C:\WINDOWS\system32\epscan6\1500\211bv040.bin,
> c:\windows\system32\twain_32\cmt1500.bin,
> c:\windows\system32\twain_32\cmt1500t.bin,
> c:\windows\system32\twain_32\sat121.bin. Which is the firmware file
> to upload?

I have only one confirmed report about a working Epson Stylus CX-1500.
It seems that this scanner does not need a firmware file at all. You
would get an error message and no scanning would be possible at all
if the scanner needed a firmware file.

According to the report that I got the scanner works flawlessly. Did
you try different resolutions? What versions of SANE are you using
(scanimage --version)?

Regards,

Oliver